Thursday, May 10, 2012

87; Dandy Highwayman








Bustier: Sparkle and Fade via Urban Outfitters • Vest: Child's Halloween costume • Leggings: c/o shopakira • Boots: ALDO shoes • Choker: Spencer's • Ankle: handmade from Hyannis, Cape Cod





Pink hair! Do ya dig? It's a little more orange hued than I was wanting, but whatever. I kinda messed up the dye concoction anyway, so it's my fault. I've gotten tons more compliments on this than when my hair was blue, and yet, I liked it better then. This shade of pink's not quite my favourite, and while Kathryn agrees with me, everyone else insists this better suits me. Hey, whatever! I like it all right. I'll probably do grape Kool-Aid again in the future, that was really awesome. Someone else suggested I do lemon yellow, I think it was Kathryn? That's really tempting too. (Only if it turns out like, neon.)

Fun fact about this vest: it was purchased on a whim when I was seventeen and living in Arizona, at a Halloween shop downtown that was running a massive "it's after Halloween and we need this stuff gone before the end of the week when our lease expires" sale. I think it was five bucks? Didn't even realise it was child's size until after I got home. I feel like Adam Ant in this. Er, child-sized Adam Ant. It took everything in me not to put warpaint on my face when getting dressed. I kind of regret that decision not to.

Check out these amazing denim pannel leggings that shopakira sent me. They have denim pannels in all of the inappropriate areas, so they can be worn as pants! So, you know, no complaints from the fashion audience saying, "eww, hate when girls wear leggings as pants, camel toe, eww!" BAM, these things should win an award for being so clever. They almost look like chaps, the kind motorcycle guys wear sometimes. That's always a plus.

There's so much awesome sexy/adorable stuff from shopakira's brand that I just can't get over, much like these leggings. Check 'em out; I really think I'm gonna get this pink and blue cropped turtleneck when I get paid 'cuz damn, I can't deal with how perfect it is! Here are some pieces that I love, but you can check out shopakira's label here!


















Everything is until $50 except for those drop dead gorgeous blue leggings. I'd blow $80 on those in a heartbeat, if it was within the realm of possibility.


Title ref, if you didn't know this song already! (And if you don't, you need to rectify that.)

15 comments:

  1. I am in love with this entire outfit! The vest and leggings especially. Also, I absolutely adore your hair color.

    xo
    http://littlestylebird.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, love! Your hair color is just wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im so digging the hair! plus i love all the eyelet details running through your outfit:)

    rebecca x
    scatterrbrained.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. wicked cool style. i obviously just became a follower. <3

    www.coveredinthrift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hairs amazing! I love it - I was briefly blonde and spent the time gagging to go pink. (Unfortunetly my school wouldn't have tolerated it. . . One day.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! I was thinking of being Adam Ant for Halloween this year. Also, you should check out Fluorescent Glow by Directions. It's one of the most unique shades of hair dye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah, what a unique vest! This outfit makes me think of some sort of future cyborg. A very stylish future cyborg xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my GAWD Kat, you are too cool. You look like the singer of some amazing late-90's punk/industrial band. I LOVE IT. The hair is sweet too. Like cotton candy.

    xo
    ZK
    www.nine-of-cups.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So when you wrote Adam Ant I read it as Aladin, and so this vest is now forever the aladin vest, I think he might spell his name with two ds? not sure, anyways. aladin vest = izzy approved. pink hair rules, and yellow would look BOMB FREAKIN' DIGGITY.

    you rock my world Kat. just you keep on rocking it.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. really really dig'n this! you rock and your hair is perfect and matches your lippies... love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally digged your blue hair but this is super fun too but I vote yellow for next time you do your hair that would be sick in the best way!!!Anyways your outfit is amazing and now I want to go spend all my money at Shopakira! Not going to lie it makes me super happy that other people wear things from Halloween stores as part of their everyday wardrobe! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want your hair, first and foremost. Second, this outfit is bomb. And last but not least, I think I'm obsessed with you now. Haha whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have amazing style!
    Love your blog - definitely following
    Hannah xo
    www.girlsclub93.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think this outfit could possibly be any more badass. It's freakin' awesome. The red leather bustier is so hot, and I adore those leggings! You look ridiculously cute.

    May the force be with you.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete